Welcome to the Tools page, a curated list of resources I strongly recommend for anyone looking to increase strength, improve mobility, and optimize function.
I personally use every item on this page. I also recommend many of these products to patients all the time. They are crucial to allow me to treat patients the best way possible and also maintain my own personal health and fitness.
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make (pennies on the dollar) if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals. All of the links (other than Bluehost) are through Amazon.com and all products have stellar reviews – I buy pretty much everything I own off Amazon because it offers the best products at the best prices with the easiest and fastest shipping.
Therabands: I use these every single day with many patients I work with. Here are some of the benefits:
– There are literally hundreds of exercises you can do with them
– They are less than $10 for 3 different levels of resistance
– They can be stored anywhere
To purchase Therabands from Amazon, click here
Lacrosse Balls: These are fantastic for trigger point massage. I use these to target muscles that need to relax and/or lengthen. A few benefits:
– In between the size of a tennis ball and golf ball + in between firmness = perfect
– Use 1 to isolate muscles
– Use 2 in a stocking or sock to work up and down the sides of your spine
To purchase Kieba Lacrosse Balls from Amazon, click here
Foam Roller: A standard tool for anyone looking to improve flexibility and perform self myofascial release
– USA foam roller is a best seller on Amazon for a reason: it is firm. Most others say they are, but after awhile get warped from your body pressure.
– USA Foam Roller is the best bang for your buck – $25 for this quality is the best you can find
To purchase this foam roller on Amazon, click here
Stationary Bike: A MUST for anyone looking to improve mobility in their knees. This is a non-impact exercise, meaning your body weight doesn’t impact your knee joints. I recommend a stationary bike for almost every patient I see with knee related pain, whether from arthritis, meniscus, ACL tear, Total knee replacement, you name it.
– This is BY FAR the best bang for your buck. Is it the best stationary bike out there? – No. But for the price, nothing even comes close. I got this for my in-laws for Christmas a few years back and they love it. They have it set up in front of their TV and, because it is super quiet, they ride it in the evenings while watching TV.
– It is extremely affordable for this type of bike, others will run you closer to a thousand dollars, just go to Sears and see for yourself.
– Comes with the basic settings – adjustable seat depth, resistance, timer, and a few other basics. Nothing fancy, but who ever uses all of those presets anyways?
To purchase this stationary bike on Amazon, click here
Lumbar Support: If you sit for an extended period of time, I highly recommend this inflatable lumbar roll to support your back and help maintain proper posture.
– Inflatable – so it is adjustable to your comfort level
– Perfect for an office chair
– Also works in a car or airplane
To purchase this lumbar support on Amazon, click here
Ergonomics For Laptop Users:
I recommend using these next 3 items together. Using 1 or 2 is pointless without the others. Even still, $50 for all 3 will dramatically improve your ergonomics and save your neck.
Laptop Stand: For proper ergonomics, your laptop screen needs to be at eye level. Prevent strain on your neck from constantly looking down at your screen. Used with the wireless keyboard and mouse below.
– Adjustable – to your desired height – most others out there are one height only
– Portable – most others are bulky and large, this can fit in a backpack or bag easily
To purchase this laptop stand on Amazon, click here
To purchase this wireless keyboard on Amazon, click here
To purchase this wireless mouse on Amazon, click here